Saturday, February 25, 2012

Photo Challenge: How do you show the light reflection on eyes?

2012© KeriNeal dba KeriLynn Design, LLC
Reflection - inner, exterior of one self or of something. What or who is being reflected? And most importantly, do the eyes tell all?
Or is it what is reflected in the eyes that tells the true story?
In a painting, the light reflection is a white dab of pigment. In a photograph, all will be revealed through the final processing and development.A person in the middle, with lights all around creating the highlight of the pupil.
Here is photograph I took of myself inside the pupil of a friend. I did this with a Canon 7D with a portrait 85-135mm lens. Focusing just on my reflection, I pushed an f8 with a speed of 1/160.
The squiggly colors behind me, where a happy accident from the blinking street signs and evening sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment